5 MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT ROOT CANALS
The phrase root canal is one that makes many people panic, but as your trusted dentist in Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, Wagner Dentistry wants to clear up some of the leading misconceptions about root canals and endodontics. Why? Because this form of dental care allows you to keep an adult tooth that is at risk for loss, it brings pain to an end, and restores the function of the tooth for the long term. These are but a few of the reasons that we encourage all of our patients in Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV to uncover the leading misconceptions about root canals.
- They are not remarkably painful. When you read how a root canal is done or have it explained, it can be very misleading and make you feel as if the process will cause immense discomfort. This is entirely untrue, and especially in light of modern technologies. If you have ever had a regular filling done to treat tooth decay, you can be certain that a root canal is no more uncomfortable than that process. It actually ends the tremendous pain that severe decay and infection are causing.
- It is not more sensible to lose the tooth. While it might seem cost effective to have the diseased tooth removed, it actually opens the door to a lot of more costly dental issues. When an adult tooth goes, it allows other teeth to shift and move. This leads to uneven wear, a misaligned bite, and the loss of gum and bone tissue. A root canal is actually a far more affordable path to long term oral health.
- It is not an overly prolonged process. While it may take a bit longer for a root canal than a filling, it is not so much longer that you will even notice the difference. You may need to return for a crown (if a lot of the tooth has had to be removed), but this is a simple and painless process.
- It does not cause illness. For some strange reason a myth that root canals trigger serious illness, such as heart disease persists. This is entirely false, and is in fact the opposite of the truth. Removing diseased material from the tooth and gum area reduces the threat of illness.
- The benefits are not temporary. Another of the strange misconceptions about root canals is that their benefits last only a short while. This is untrue and if you use good oral hygiene, a root canal will give you a pain free and healthy tooth for decades to come.
CONTACT OUR SUMMERLIN AND LAS VEGAS AREA ROOT CANAL DENTIST
If you still have some questions regarding the misconceptions about root canals, feel free to give us a call at our Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV office at 702-877-2222. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.
"I highly recommend utilizing Wagner and Wagner Dental as they not only provide accurate and tremendous service but also truly care about each patient's needs. Every time I step in their office I am treated with kindness and respect and my voice and concerns are always heard. I come here with ease knowing that regardless of the intensity of service needed my experience will be pleasurable due to these amazing providers who truly care!
"Dr Wagner is the best! I have been a patient of the Wagner Family since i was a kid, Wade's Father was my Dentist. I am grateful he has continued to be my dentist, i trust him and always know he has taken good care of my dental needs"
I came in to get two fillings. The fillings were done very quickly, and the experience was wonderful. I have been coming here for years and plan to continue.
Awesome Dentist! Have been coming here for years. My whole family comes here and it feels like an extended family when we come. Highly Recommend!
The only dentist I'll ever see! I have been seeing wade for over 15 years and I trust him with my life.