5 MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT DENTAL BRIDGES
Losing adult teeth can cause some major dental problems, and it is why we at Wagner Dentistry in Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV are so glad to provide restorative dentistry solutions for those who might be missing teeth. Whether it is a dental bridge or dentures, our aim is to ensure you have the greatest level of comfort and function, in addition to an esthetically appealing smile. Unfortunately, there are some misconceptions about dental bridges, and as these are a popular form of restorative dentistry, we want to address them and help you make the right decisions.
- They are extremely expensive. As a trusted dentist in Summerlin, this issue crops up often and needs to be addressed here. Why? Firstly, they are not wildly expensive and can even be put on payment plans. Secondly, a bridge is a solution to a missing tooth or teeth, and will help you maintain optimal health over the long term. Looking, speaking and eating like you have always done is a key to well-being, and a dental bridge offers such benefits. It will keep your other teeth in place and maintain your bite, and all of these things ensure your dental costs remain under control well into the future.
- They are awkward. This is another of those persistent misconceptions about dental bridges that seem to come from the ill-informed or those who do not have bridges. While they will require you getting used to them, they actually help you to begin eating, speaking and looking just as you did before the loss of the tooth or teeth.
- They are not long lasting. Again, one of the more common misconceptions about dental bridges is that they do not endure. This is untrue and most last up to 15 years before they may need to be replaced or updated.
- They look artificial. Just as modern dentures and crowns are impossible to distinguish from natural teeth, so too do bridges look just like their neighboring teeth. Colored and molded to appear identical to the rest of the smile, they always look natural.
- You cannot have a bridge if you do not have healthy “anchors”. This is not true and there are several ways to work around the problem. Whether through a different approach to making the bridge or through the use of implants, we can find a functional solution.
CONTACT OUR SUMMERLIN AND LAS VEGAS AREA DENTIST FOR DENTAL BRIDGES
If you still have some questions about the more common misconceptions about dental bridges, feel free to give us a call at our Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV office at 702-877-2222. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.
"I highly recommend utilizing Wagner and Wagner Dental as they not only provide accurate and tremendous service but also truly care about each patient's needs. Every time I step in their office I am treated with kindness and respect and my voice and concerns are always heard. I come here with ease knowing that regardless of the intensity of service needed my experience will be pleasurable due to these amazing providers who truly care!
"Dr Wagner is the best! I have been a patient of the Wagner Family since i was a kid, Wade's Father was my Dentist. I am grateful he has continued to be my dentist, i trust him and always know he has taken good care of my dental needs"
I came in to get two fillings. The fillings were done very quickly, and the experience was wonderful. I have been coming here for years and plan to continue.
Awesome Dentist! Have been coming here for years. My whole family comes here and it feels like an extended family when we come. Highly Recommend!
The only dentist I'll ever see! I have been seeing wade for over 15 years and I trust him with my life.