5 Misconceptions About Teeth Whitening
Nothing says “healthy teeth” like a dazzling white smile, and yet at Wagner Dentistry in Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV, we see many of our patients living with smiles that are duller or more stained than they should be. There are many reasons that teeth become stained, and it is why tooth whitening is one of our cosmetic dentistry options. Even so, we often hear patients relate some common misconceptions about teeth whitening, and we want to clarify these matters to ensure that everyone enjoys the healthiest and most attractive smile possible.
- A whitening treatment is not a painful process. Decades ago, it was not unusual for people to say that tooth whitening was uncomfortable, but today we have advanced systems that cause absolutely no pain and can be done in a single visit.
- They take a long time. This is another of the outdated misconceptions about teeth whitening. While it is true that some methods of the past did require you to make many visits and sit still for prolonged periods of time, we have options that will be able to brighten your smile by many shades with a single visit. We can also send you home with products that achieve similar results if used overnight for one or two weeks.
- They do not last forever. As your dentist in Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, we will want to see you once or twice a year for cleanings and exams. This should help you understand that your teeth change quite rapidly and that food and drink can cause plague buildup and decay in as little as six to 12 months. This is also why teeth whitening cannot be permanent – the enamel may be stained by anything from daily coffee to cigarette smoke. Whitening can be done annually and touched up throughout the year to ensure the brightest smile.
- It is not harmful to the enamel or nerves. The Journal of the American Dental Association has persistently stated that modern whitening treatments pose no risk to dental enamel or the health of the teeth and nerves.
- It can whiten veneers or crowns. This is another important point. If you are going to have your teeth whitened, you must understand that any crowns, veneers, bonding or other repairs are unable to be lightened in color. If this is a serious concern, speak with us about updating these issues. For example, if a crown is very different in color from whitened teeth, we may be able to make a new crown to match it.
CONTACT OUR COSMETIC DENTIST IN SUMMERLIN AND LAS VEGAS AREA FOR TEETH WHITENING
If you still have some questions about these common misconceptions about teeth whitening, feel free to give us a call at our Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV office at 702-877-2222. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.
"I highly recommend utilizing Wagner and Wagner Dental as they not only provide accurate and tremendous service but also truly care about each patient's needs. Every time I step in their office I am treated with kindness and respect and my voice and concerns are always heard. I come here with ease knowing that regardless of the intensity of service needed my experience will be pleasurable due to these amazing providers who truly care!
"Dr Wagner is the best! I have been a patient of the Wagner Family since i was a kid, Wade's Father was my Dentist. I am grateful he has continued to be my dentist, i trust him and always know he has taken good care of my dental needs"
I came in to get two fillings. The fillings were done very quickly, and the experience was wonderful. I have been coming here for years and plan to continue.
Awesome Dentist! Have been coming here for years. My whole family comes here and it feels like an extended family when we come. Highly Recommend!
The only dentist I'll ever see! I have been seeing wade for over 15 years and I trust him with my life.