5 MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT PROCELAIN VENEERS
Have you heard about dental veneers? Also called porcelain veneers, they are a fantastic option in cosmetic dentistry. As your preferred dentist in Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, Wagner Dentistry offers patients a full menu of cosmetic treatments, with veneers among them. Yet, we have heard many patients repeat inaccuracies and misconceptions about porcelain veneers, and so we want to take some time to ensure everyone knows the truth about these impressive dental treatments.
- They are not extremely painful to receive. If you read how veneers are applied, it can seem like it would cause discomfort. The truth of the matter is that there is no pain at all. Numbing agents are used and the process is fast and painless, resulting in optimal results without any lingering discomfort.
- They do not require you to lose a large amount of the tooth. This is one of those misconceptions about porcelain veneers that is a bit easier to understand. Why? Because part of the process for receiving them is to have some of the enamel on the surface of the tooth removed. It is not a giant leap for some people to assume that a huge amount of the tooth is removed, but this is a complete falsehood. Patients in our Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV office have minimal reshaping and just enough enamel removed to allow their veneers to be placed effectively.
- They are not purely esthetic. It is also easy to understand this issue. After all, veneers are often referred to as instant smile makeovers, but they are also rugged shells of porcelain bonded to a healthy tooth. What that means is that you might get them to cover a chip or crack, and that means a compromised tooth has now been stabilized and strengthened. This goes far beyond an esthetic fix.
- They do not look unnatural. This is yet another of those pesky misconceptions about porcelain veneers that is easy to understand. Thin shells of veneer bonded to the tooth do sound as if they present a risk for mismatches in color or shape, but they are lab made to be a perfect match to your neighboring, natural teeth.
- They work on more than the front teeth. Whether you want to improve the look of your upper or lower front teeth and even some of the “pre molars”, veneers are an option. It takes a consult with our team to determine the right solutions, but you can use them on more than your upper front teeth.
CONTACT OUR COSMETIC DENTIST IN SUMMERLIN AND LAS VEGAS AREA FOR PORCELAIN VENEERS
If you still have some questions about the more common misconceptions about porcelain veneers, feel free to give us a call at our Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV office at 702-877-2222. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly. To learn more about porcelain veneers, read our other pages: Porcelain Veneers FAQs, Am I a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers? and Benefits of Porcelain Veneers.
"I highly recommend utilizing Wagner and Wagner Dental as they not only provide accurate and tremendous service but also truly care about each patient's needs. Every time I step in their office I am treated with kindness and respect and my voice and concerns are always heard. I come here with ease knowing that regardless of the intensity of service needed my experience will be pleasurable due to these amazing providers who truly care!
"Dr Wagner is the best! I have been a patient of the Wagner Family since i was a kid, Wade's Father was my Dentist. I am grateful he has continued to be my dentist, i trust him and always know he has taken good care of my dental needs"
I came in to get two fillings. The fillings were done very quickly, and the experience was wonderful. I have been coming here for years and plan to continue.
Awesome Dentist! Have been coming here for years. My whole family comes here and it feels like an extended family when we come. Highly Recommend!
The only dentist I'll ever see! I have been seeing wade for over 15 years and I trust him with my life.