5 Misconceptions About Dental Crowns
As your preferred dentist in Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, we want you to enjoy optimal oral health and wellness. That is why we provide answers to any of your questions and also why we want to clear up any misunderstandings you might have about the most important treatment options. Consider the many misconceptions about dental crowns. They are a truly optimal form of dental treatment, and yet patients may not realize the many benefits from dental crowns. So, let’s consider five of the most common misconceptions about them:
- They are not necessary and a filling works fine. This is one of the most disturbing misconceptions about dental crowns because it is so inaccurate. We do not suggest crowns unless a tooth is compromised and will not be able to be used safely and comfortably. As a form of restorative dentistry, they do just that – restore the tooth to its full function. A filling may not provide this security, stability and long-term use.
- They look unnatural. Again, this is an unfair misconception because modern crowns look identical to their neighboring natural teeth and cannot be told apart.
- They are typically used for cosmetic improvements. While crowns, also called “caps” can be used to address a surprisingly long list of cosmetic issues (discoloration, uneven size, crooked teeth, and so on), they are actually a key component of restorative treatment.
- They are painful and not reliable. This is one of the very worst of the misconceptions about dental crowns because this is the farthest from the truth. To have a crown made is no different than having a filling. You will have a mold taken of the prepared tooth, a temporary crown placed, and then your permanent crown is bonded to the tooth when it returns from the lab. There is almost no discomfort, and a crown is going to function and last for many years.
- They allow you to skip brushing and flossing. This is a big mistake because a crown needs the exact same care as a natural tooth and if ignored and neglected you might still develop gum disease and other issues.
CONTACT OUR DENTIST IN SUMMERLIN AND LAS VEGAS AREA FOR DENTAL CROWNS
These are the worst misunderstandings related to dental crowns, and as you can see, we hope you can now realize the profound benefits from this treatment. If you still have some questions regarding misconceptions about dental crowns, feel free to give us a call at Wagner Dentistry at our Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV office at 702-877-2222. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.
"I highly recommend utilizing Wagner and Wagner Dental as they not only provide accurate and tremendous service but also truly care about each patient's needs. Every time I step in their office I am treated with kindness and respect and my voice and concerns are always heard. I come here with ease knowing that regardless of the intensity of service needed my experience will be pleasurable due to these amazing providers who truly care!
"Dr Wagner is the best! I have been a patient of the Wagner Family since i was a kid, Wade's Father was my Dentist. I am grateful he has continued to be my dentist, i trust him and always know he has taken good care of my dental needs"
I came in to get two fillings. The fillings were done very quickly, and the experience was wonderful. I have been coming here for years and plan to continue.
Awesome Dentist! Have been coming here for years. My whole family comes here and it feels like an extended family when we come. Highly Recommend!
The only dentist I'll ever see! I have been seeing wade for over 15 years and I trust him with my life.