5 MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT COSMETIC DENISTRY
It is an unfortunate fact that there are some unfavorable ideas connected with the word “cosmetic”. The many television shows and news stories about the use of cosmetic treatments has led too many to assume that any cosmetic improvement is shallow or even just a temporary fix. Near Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV, Wagner Dentistry is happy to provide cosmetic dentistry services and we feel it is of the utmost importance to alleviate some common misconceptions about cosmetic dentistry
- It is something that only wealthy people or celebrities can afford. This is one of the more common ideas about the work of a cosmetic dentist, and it is vital that it is corrected. As your preferred dentist near Summerlin, we offer you affordable options that help to improve the look of your smile, and in many cases the treatments might also help with function or oral health. These treatments can be investments in long-term oral well-being.
- It is temporary and will continue to require time and money. Again, this is another of the more common misconceptions about cosmetic dentistry. Unlike cosmetic surgeries that may in fact need to be repeated or which lose their effectiveness, cosmetic treatments like porcelain veneers are a long-term option that will need nothing more than regular oral hygiene to help you maintain a picture perfect smile.
- It is usually painful. Again, another of the more harmful misconceptions about cosmetic dentistry is that it will cause great discomfort. This is untrue and most of the treatments are not painful at all. While something like teeth whitening may cause those with sensitive teeth to feel a bit more of this sensitivity, cosmetic treatments are no more painful than other dental care.
- It looks unnatural. This is wildly inaccurate. Our patients can rely on us to help them make the right decisions, and when they opt for some cosmetic treatments they can rest assured that their smiles will look naturally beautiful whether they feature whitening, veneers, bonding, crowns or other improvements.
- The treatments are not useful in terms of oral health or function. This is something important and we need to be sure patients understand that many cosmetic treatments actually help to improve oral health and well-being. An aligned smile, for instance, is easier to brush and floss effectively. Veneers or bonding actually strengthen a weakened or damaged tooth. There are many benefits to the treatments apart from esthetics.
CONTACT OUR COSMETIC DENTIST IN SUMMERLIN AND LAS VEGAS AREA
If you still have some questions about these misconceptions about cosmetic dentistry, feel free to give us a call at our office near Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV at 702-877-2222. You can also use our online contact form and one of our staff will get back to you promptly.
"I highly recommend utilizing Wagner and Wagner Dental as they not only provide accurate and tremendous service but also truly care about each patient's needs. Every time I step in their office I am treated with kindness and respect and my voice and concerns are always heard. I come here with ease knowing that regardless of the intensity of service needed my experience will be pleasurable due to these amazing providers who truly care!
"Dr Wagner is the best! I have been a patient of the Wagner Family since i was a kid, Wade's Father was my Dentist. I am grateful he has continued to be my dentist, i trust him and always know he has taken good care of my dental needs"
I came in to get two fillings. The fillings were done very quickly, and the experience was wonderful. I have been coming here for years and plan to continue.
Awesome Dentist! Have been coming here for years. My whole family comes here and it feels like an extended family when we come. Highly Recommend!
The only dentist I'll ever see! I have been seeing wade for over 15 years and I trust him with my life.