5 Misconceptions About Cosmetic Bonding
As a preferred dentist in Summerlin, Wagner Dentistry is proud to offer a comprehensive menu of cosmetic dentistry solutions. While our patients in Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV can turn to us for the most familiar and popular solutions, such as veneers or whitening, we also offer cosmetic bonding. Used to address small stains or chips, it is a fantastic treatment. Unfortunately, there are also some common misconceptions about cosmetic bonding, and we’d like to address them here to help patients make the best choices for their treatment plans.
- Cosmetic bonding is going to fade or not last very long. This is one of the more problematic misconceptions about cosmetic bonding because it can steer ideal candidates away from it as an affordable option. The truth is that it will keep your tooth or teeth looking great for roughly ten years, or more. If you use good oral hygiene and avoid habits that might have caused staining, it will provide many years of esthetic improvement.
- Bonding is a very costly option. Again, this is oddly one of the other persistent misconceptions about cosmetic bonding and it is way off the mark. If you look at the many different cosmetic treatments we offer, you will see that it is one of the most budget conscious ways of correcting mild to moderate cosmetic issues.
- Bonding takes too many office visits to be convenient. This is not true either because most of our patients who choose bonding need to come to us twice to have the entire process completed. While a more complex fix might mean three visits, that is usually the extent of it.
- Bonding causes you to experience a sense of constant numbness on the teeth to which it has been applied. This is untrue as well. Consider how you feel after a filling or a new crown. You have to give your teeth a bit of time to grow accustomed to the new finish or treatment. This is the exact same experience with bonding.
- You can have bonding even if you have oral health issues. This is also a falsehood. Your oral health is our priority and we are going to first do all of the necessary restorative and preventative work (filling cavities, doing root canals, treating gum issues, and so on) before we use bonding to cosmetically correct issues.
CONTACT OUR COSMETIC DENTIST IN SUMMERLIN FOR COSMETIC BONDING
If you still have some questions about these common misconceptions about cosmetic bonding, feel free to give us a call at our Summerlin and Las Vegas Area, NV office at 702-877-2222. You can also use our online contact formand one of our staff will get back to you promptly.
"I highly recommend utilizing Wagner and Wagner Dental as they not only provide accurate and tremendous service but also truly care about each patient's needs. Every time I step in their office I am treated with kindness and respect and my voice and concerns are always heard. I come here with ease knowing that regardless of the intensity of service needed my experience will be pleasurable due to these amazing providers who truly care!
"Dr Wagner is the best! I have been a patient of the Wagner Family since i was a kid, Wade's Father was my Dentist. I am grateful he has continued to be my dentist, i trust him and always know he has taken good care of my dental needs"
I came in to get two fillings. The fillings were done very quickly, and the experience was wonderful. I have been coming here for years and plan to continue.
Awesome Dentist! Have been coming here for years. My whole family comes here and it feels like an extended family when we come. Highly Recommend!
The only dentist I'll ever see! I have been seeing wade for over 15 years and I trust him with my life.